- As humanists, we make sense of the world using reason, experience and shared human values.
- We regard religions, and their doctrines and rituals, as human inventions.
- We take personal responsibility for our actions and believe that we can all live good lives without religion.
- We neither fear judgement, nor expect reward, in an afterlife. We find enough purpose and meaning in life itself.
The Objects of the Group shall be:
- To Promote Humanism;
- To enable Humanists to meet together;
- To act as the local representative body of the National and International Humanist Movement
Any person, who shares the beliefs and agrees with the objects of the Group, may become a full member, upon payment of the current annual subscription or, if joining after the April of that year, a pro rata proportion of the annual subscription. Join here