- This event has passed.
Elder Stubbs festival
19 August, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
we won’t be taking the stand out, as we have done previous years (not much interest, with so much else going on around) but highly recommend a visit – especialy on a fine afternoon. great family day out, with lots going on.
What is The Elder Stubbs Festival?
This annual festival takes place in the nine-acre Elder Stubbs Allotment Site, amongst the flowers, apple orchards, and a strange collection of wooden dinosaurs. Eat your heart out Chelsea Flower Show – this is the real gardeners paradise!
Every year members of our Elder Stubbs Recovery Group rise to the occasion and organise this special festival. Organising such a large event enables them to develop in confidence, teamwork and planning skills, and connects Restore to the wider community.
By involving around 150 local volunteers, performers and organisations, and with 3,000 devoted attendees, the Elder Stubbs Festival is a fantastic platform for raising mental health awareness whilst contributing to a strong and active community.
Just a little of what we have in store for you this year…
- Headlining the Main Stage is Emily Macguire, singer/songwriter an advocate for mental health. Ms. Macguire speaks frequently in the media about combating the stigma of mental illness, including BBC Radio 2 and 4!
- Raw Sounds and Music in Mind – two talented bands who use music as part of their mental health recovery.
- Deaf choir Handy Voices will be performing and teaching guests how to sign along to popular songs!
- Oxford favourites, Horns of Plenty.
- Hands-on workshops, including Bath Bomb Making, Bird Feeder Building, Cooking Demos, Soul Dance, yoga, Mindfulness and Tai Chi.
- World food stands from local traders across Oxford.
- As always the allotments will be heaving with craft stores from all our recovery groups!
- Swing boats, pony rides, treasure hunts, parachute games, tight-rope walking, and crafts. Plus Matthew Belbin, children’s entertainer will be there to engage children in song and dance.